Thursday, November 6, 2008

Red enamel.

I've been having fun with red enamel. I've discovered that if you over fire it it can split like it has in these photos. And I love it! But, if you don't do it right, it runs all over the place, and that looks horrible. Too horrible to put on my blog spot. Just think of lots of dribbling red and you've got it. It also doesn't do a lot of good to your kiln shelves. So, if you want to give it a burl, I suggest putting your pieces on throw away bits of shelf.

4 comments:

Charlie said...

Your work gets better and better!

carole epp said...

gorgeous!

Sophie Moran said...

I want to see the bleeding ones!

andrew widdis said...

Can't show you the bleeding ones anymore. I've fires them twice since. Once to 1195 deg.c and I've just got them out of the kiln from a cone 10 firing. I've been trying to burn out the red enamel. Only partially removed it at 1195 deg.c and at cone 10, no colour left, but an interesting grey. I'll take some photos of them as they are now, and share with you.