Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pot-less post; the story of an unloved wheel.


There are spiders hanging around everywhere.
We have had the wettest Autumn on record here in Central Victoria. Outside it's a symphony of insects, almost too loud. With insects comes spiders I guess.

I realised today, that I have not made anything since late November. The craving to sit at the wheel started a few days ago.
What's stopping me from getting on with it, is the fear that it's not like riding a bike.
Can I still throw a pot? Perhaps I should ponder for a few more days.
I certainly have lots of ideas buzzing around in my head.

The spider freaks me out too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Spiders,uncertainty,keep on,readiness.
sometimes ...I think the spider seems to be a bit of a metaphor.The photo shows the beauty of the vision but we don't stroke spiders,but aren't you glad you observed it? Stunning.
The I Ching has one hexagram that speakes about the importance of winter as a time of renewal,perhaps these woodland wonderings are necessary for you to renew yourself. We don't have to be productive all the time.Solace in nature can only be a good thing.
Your work shows you that you can throw. Are you asking "Can I throw the pot in my mind's ideal?" and yes you can,you have done it before. Before is the important thing.Certainty comes and goes.The only certainty is that if you do it again something will come of it. Its the doing that matters,not the questioning 'can I?' I think your relationship with the woodland is important. What would you do if it wasn't there?The doing,feeds you so does taking in your environment.forgive my response you struck a chord.