Thursday, October 9, 2014

Fresh clay.





I know your supposed to wait 3 Months, but I made this clay this morning.
Make clay, add yoghurt and wait 3 months for it to mature. The yoghurt feeds bacteria, bacteria eat the edges of the clay particles and let the water penetrate further.
This is fine if your not curious. I'm wanting to see what colour this fires too, and putting a little ball of it in the kiln doesn't cut it sometimes. I'm interested to see what the iron oxide fires like. I bought it from the local hardware store. Meant for colouring concrete it's not as refined as my usual source. I think this is why you can see it streaking.

The base will be narrowed a little when I throw a foot on. The clay gets pushed across to work in with the added foot clay and help it all meld together.

No comments: